Frequently Asked Questions
How does Skindr work?
How does an online consultation via the Skindr platform work?
1. After registering you will be able to describe your skin problem in detail and upload relevant photos via your smartphone.
2. Your information is sent to the Skindr platform of your dermatologist. He or she may ask for additional information or pictures. If necessary, the dermatologist will contact you by phone.
3. If your information and photos suffice, your dermatologist will offer you a diagnosis and treatment plan within 48h (usually sooner). Any medication prescriptions will be added.
4. We will let you know via email when your assessment is available. Simply log in to the Skindr platform and view your file or print any prescriptions.
5. Have additional questions? You will still have the opportunity to ask questions via the platform, up until your dermatologist closes out the consultation.
6. For the time being, Skindr consultations aren't covered by any health insurance. The price for this service is 28 euro. This corresponds to your own contribution in case of a physical consultation at the practice.
7. The accuracy of the diagnosis and treatment plan of an online Skindr consultation are equally accurate to a physical consultation and usually makes the latter unnecessary.
What does "within 48 working hours" mean?
Waiting times in dermatology are up to several months. Skindr aims to actively address this by optimizing communication with your dermatologist. The dermatologists affiliated with Skindr try to answer your consultation as quickly as possible. They strive to respond to every consultation within 48 working hours. On average this is within 24 hours. Working hours means within the hours that a dermatologist normally works. This can vary from one dermatologist to another and is indicated on the dermatologist's profile. Usually weekends and nights fall outside the working hours and a dermatologist sometimes goes on vacation.
How can I do a consultation for my child?
You must be at least 18 years old to use Skindr. As a parent you can request a consultation for your minor child. You will first need to enter your child's details and then your own. As a parent you will communicate with the doctor.
This can of course also be used for other family members or people you are performing for.
Skindr Quality Guarantee
Does the dermatologist have enough information with my photos?
The vast majority do.
In dermatology, the rule of "one look, one diagnosis" very often applies, which means that a detailed photo of the problem is usually enough to make a diagnosis.
In the exceptional case that the photos sent to the dermatologist are not enough, the dermatologist may ask for additional photos to be sent, or for an appointment to be made at the practice. In the latter case, the dermatologist himself will propose an appointment at short notice.
Is Skindr also available on weekends?
Skindr is permanently available. You can send the description of your problem and photos, at any time. You will receive an accurate diagnosis and proposal for treatment within 48 hours (usually faster).
How qualified are the Skindr dermatologists?
The dermatologists affiliated with Skindr are qualified and certified Belgian dermatologists who usually have their own practice or work in a hospital.
Can I request a Skindr consultation for my child?
Yes. All Skindr dermatologists treat children daily, including infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and teens.
What if I need a biopsy or am diagnosed with a serious skin problem?
Should the dermatologist discover a potentially serious problem, such as skin cancer, you will be given an appointment at the practice for a possible biopsy or further investigations at short notice.
What if medication is needed?
If the proposed treatment requires the use of medication, the prescription for that medication will be added immediately.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Will my data be treated confidentially?
What will my photos be used for?
Your photos will only be used by your doctor in determining an opinion. Your photos will never be published.
How long does it take to get an answer from a Skindr dermatologist?
You will receive an answer from the dermatologist within 48 hours at the latest (usually sooner).
This response includes a diagnosis, a proposal for treatment and (if necessary) a prescription for medication.
In what case would I use Skindr?
Do you have a rash that worries you?
Don't want to wait weeks to see a dermatologist?
Do you have trouble getting time off from work or school?
Do you dread seeking a parking spot and sitting in the waiting room?
Or do you just want a second opinion?
Thanks to Skindr, you will receive a clear diagnosis, a treatment plan and (if necessary) a prescription for medication within 48 hours.
Why should I use Skindr?
There are 4 main reasons why you should use Skindr: time, convenience, expertise and peace of mind. Thanks to Skindr, you don't have to wait weeks or months before a certified dermatologist examines your skin problem. You don't even have to leave your home to receive a diagnosis and treatment plan. Stop being worried and book a Skindr consultation to receive a diagnosis and treatment plan of your skin problem within 48 hours.